Replacement bulb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The bulb size will be a dead give away, if the bulb is the same thickness as a T8 it's a T8 if its about half the thickness of a T8 bulb then what you have is a T5 fixture, but from the looks of it you have a normal T8 but I can't be sure without seeing the bulb/inside of the fixture. Post a pic and I'll let you know.

Thanks Chris, The problem is that I bought the fixture used, without a bulb! I'm leaning toward T5 because the sockets inside the hood look really small.

It might have been a retro fit, where the previous owner removed the T8 sockets and replaced them with T5's because the housing definitely looks like a T8 IMO. Is it a 1 or 2 bulb fixture? And I think the length is like 32" bulb for a 36" T5 fixture but don't quote me on that as I have only ever had a 24" T5 and I replaced it just a few months after I got it.

It might have been a retro fit, where the previous owner removed the T8 sockets and replaced them with T5's because the housing definitely looks like a T8 IMO. Is it a 1 or 2 bulb fixture? And I think the length is like 32" bulb for a 36" T5 fixture but don't quote me on that as I have only ever had a 24" T5 and I replaced it just a few months after I got it.

Unless this was a retrofit as you said, I've got to think the stock was a T8 with it being the All Glass brand. I'm not sure when they stopped making products under this name, but it seems like it's been quite a while ago before T5s were really on the scene and everything was either T8 or T12.

Back
Top Bottom