Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-02-2005, 05:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
replacement impellers

ne1 know where to get a replacement impeller for the
quiet one 6000?
pump was making a lot of racket last night
and i felt it and it was hot
so i shut it down, closed the ball valves
and went to work this morning
after work i checked it out
i opened it up and the impeller shaft was broke
after pulling the impeller out the impeller had some blue marks on it under the vanes and in the magnetic section i saw some scratches(pump body)
the pump still works but am not going to use it till i get a replacement impeller
pump is about 3weeks old and lost the receipt

greatgman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via ICQ to jackdp
Try http://www.thatfishplace.com you may have to shoot them an e-mail, I see they sell that brand pump but didn't see impellers on their parts list. They have a very good parts department there, I've gotten impellers for every brand of powerhead, skimmer and filter I have from them. Good Luck.

Brad C.
jackdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 09:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Lost receipt or not I'd head back to the store that I got it in! Good luck getting it replaced. When we replaced the impeller on the Mag12 (with the impeller for an 18 ) we found quite a few places online that sold parts/impellers. I guess they go frequently enough that most places carry replacement parts.

Join the NJ Reef Club Today! Saving the world's reefs one living room at a time!
MACNA XXI Atlantic City, NJ September 25-27, 2009
Phyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com