Replacement RO/DI filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fort384 said:
BRS has a video that shows exactly how to hook up and install.

Watched it. It all makes sense and i want one, but it really seems like it is best to run one with a sump right?

I think so, yes. The pump for it even though small would still be unsightly. It would be sacrilege, at least for me, to put in in my DT :). It could be done though.

I was steered away from the e-bay ro/di units. They are very affordable. How do you like yours? Have you had it for long? Would you recommend it to any one ?

fort384 said:
I think so, yes. The pump for it even though small would still be unsightly. It would be sacrilege, at least for me, to put in in my DT :). It could be done though.

Got it. Well i guess i'll buy the gfo and carbon plus some bags. Then use it when i get a reactor going. Need a sump though thats the first order of business

TommyP said:
I was steered away from the e-bay ro/di units. They are very affordable. How do you like yours? Have you had it for long? Would you recommend it to any one ?

I like mine. Had it for a year and i do recommend it. But i couldnt say if the water is at 0ppm for sure. Ive never tested mine. But, algae in my reef in minimal

Gotcha thanks. I bought a coralife one that was used - it looks like the filters need to be changed but I guess just to be safe ill wait to see what your tds meter reads . Im waiting on my tds meter in the mail as well. I feel more comfortable buying a 60$ unit that does 100gpd for example then spending $180 on a $50 gpd unit from BRS or somewhere. Did your unit come w/ faucet adapter for the sink?

I have a pretty bad algae breakout recently so I was hoping a new unit would help but all my params are normal. excess nutrients are coming from somewhere.

Okay cool the replacements came. Hey fort, now how do i put them on? I have an idea but i wanna make sure

That I could not tell you. I have the BRS system so mine come apart differently I think than the eBay one.

fort384 said:
That I could not tell you. I have the BRS system so mine come apart differently I think than the eBay one.

Okay i'll have to youtube it;)

Back
Top Bottom