Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Replacement RO/DI filters

Hey guys i have the 100 gpd ebay RO/DI for $65. I want to replace the filters on it but want to know which ones i need. I know a lot of people have this system...so someone please point me in the right direction
__________________

__________________
Gboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
Dividing by 0
Community Admin
 
fort384's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,926
Mornin'! If you can post a link to the system, I can recommend which filters to get. I looked on eBay as I haven't seen the system referenced for awhile, and I can't find it.
__________________

fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384
Mornin'! If you can post a link to the system, I can recommend which filters to get. I looked on eBay as I haven't seen the system referenced for awhile, and I can't find it.
Thanks for the response Fort...i've got this guy

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=380341933047
__________________
Gboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
Dividing by 0
Community Admin
 
fort384's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,926
This appears to be the 1 for 1 replacement for your filters (minus the membrane, which shouldn't need replaced yet).

3pcs Portable Reverse Osmosis Ro Replacement Filter | eBay
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384
This appears to be the 1 for 1 replacement for your filters (minus the membrane, which shouldn't need replaced yet).

3pcs Portable Reverse Osmosis Ro Replacement Filter | eBay
Sounds great. Thanks. I think i'll also buy a tds meter, if you have any recommendations please share!
__________________
Gboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #6
Dividing by 0
Community Admin
 
fort384's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,926
Hold on you will need replacement resin too for the DI stage though. Let me see if I can find that.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #7
Dividing by 0
Community Admin
 
fort384's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,926
0ppm Non Transparent ion Ro Di Replacement Filter QDI | eBay

Here it is.

So, with these 2 links, you will have replacement sediment and carbon blocks, and replacement resin - plus an extra replacement for the carbon block filter.

For TDS meter, BRS sells an in line one that has murlok fittings. Looks like it would work on your system? Definitely need one as this is how you can tell when it is time to replace the filters. I recommend testing both TDS on out of the membrane and out of the DI resin.
Dual Inline TDS Meter DM-1 - HM Digital - Bulk Reef Supply
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384
0ppm Non Transparent ion Ro Di Replacement Filter QDI | eBay

Here it is.

So, with these 2 links, you will have replacement sediment and carbon blocks, and replacement resin - plus an extra replacement for the carbon block filter.

For TDS meter, BRS sells an in line one that has murlok fittings. Looks like it would work on your system? Definitely need one as this is how you can tell when it is time to replace the filters. I recommend testing both TDS on out of the membrane and out of the DI resin.
Dual Inline TDS Meter DM-1 - HM Digital - Bulk Reef Supply
Cool thanks for all the help Fort. While im ordering at BRS, i'll probably also get some carbon/chemipure to help out with the algae in the tank. What do you recommend/run? I need somthing in bags as i dont have a reactor.
__________________
Gboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
Dividing by 0
Community Admin
 
fort384's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 13,926
I use rox .8 but I run a reactor. For bags the bituminous is probably a better (and cheaper!) option.

You should look at their carbon reactors though. They are great and not too expensive. You could run it with gfo to reduce po4 to help with algae.
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384
I use rox .8 but I run a reactor. For bags the bituminous is probably a better (and cheaper!) option.

You should look at their carbon reactors though. They are great and not too expensive.
Cool, ill look into the bituminous

I definitly will buy some reactors in the future. But space is limited and i need a sump first
__________________

__________________
Gboy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
filter, filters, ro/di

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.