Replacing a ballast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankBoss

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have to replace a ballast for t5 2X54w. I have a cheap dual lamp from Odyssea
and Im unsure of how to replace.

My existing ballast is external. It would be easy if I could find a ballast that fit inside my existing casing.

Any suggestions on a cheap and practical way to deal with this? The on/off switch is on my external ballast case.

I guess I understand now.... buy the $30 replacement and just plug or DIY a case

Does the light have schematics? What type of ballast does it call for? Maybe the company can send you a replacement part?

Not sure if this is what your looking for.

Thanks convict... I literally ordered the replacement ballast from odyssea a few seconds before reading your post. haha.

I dont like being a slave to someone's inferior products but, in the case of this ballast, It lasted for quite some time.

Thanks convict... I literally ordered the replacement ballast from odyssea a few seconds before reading your post. haha.

I dont like being a slave to someone's inferior products but, in the case of this ballast, It lasted for quite some time.

Your welcome lol. I understand. In this case it's probably the best route to go.

Back
Top Bottom