Resealed Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boadams87

Aquarium Advice Addict
Im thinking about getting another 150 gal but he's resealing it. Will it be ok after it sits and cures? He's gonna refill and put the fx5 back on it. Please I need help!!!!!

I would make sure the tank sits for at least a week with water in it. Also let it cure for a week if possible. My dad redid a 30g once and it held water for about a week. Then one night he had water all over the ground. I then took it upon myself and tried it. It has been holding water for 10 days now. I'm debating on when to take the water out to be honest.
I am not sure of a tank that big though. Does I have a rim on it? I am sure someone will chime in who has resealed tanks as well.

I told him to let it sit with water about a week or longer with the pump running so the movement of the water would help test the strength of the seals. He says he has resealed b4.

The rim will help hold the pressure of water. The pump thing is a good idea though. I never thought of that. Hopefully mine is still good...just make sure it holds water and it should be fine IMO but I haven't fixed a big tank before.

Back
Top Bottom