Researching fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burrhubb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so I have been researching fish to put into my community tank (still under going fish less cycle at the moment) I think I may have my list so here goes. Let me know if you think fish wont go together and why.

Guppies male and female I know it a 3:1 ratio
Blue Dwarf gourmi (better in pairs I have been told)
Cardinal tetras (minimum of six)
Corydoras catfish (better in pairs??)

Only one I'm not sure on cause sites/books say different is a betta or fighting fish. I really wanted one of these, then was told could nip guppies, but then read they are ok with other fish but not 2 male betas together without female. I only wanted the one???

Ok so I have been researching fish to put into my community tank (still under going fish less cycle at the moment) I think I may have my list so here goes. Let me know if you think fish wont go together and why.

Guppies male and female I know it a 3:1 ratio
Blue Dwarf gourmi (better in pairs I have been told)
Cardinal tetras (minimum of six)
Corydoras catfish (better in pairs??)

Only one I'm not sure on cause sites/books say different is a betta or fighting fish. I really wanted one of these, then was told could nip guppies, but then read they are ok with other fish but not 2 male betas together without female. I only wanted the one???

What sized tank are we talking about
Cory cats are best in small groups (5-6 should be find)
And i would not recommend a beta in a community tank. Some betas are cool but you may go through a dozen betas to find a "nice" one

Hiya thanks for reply :) it's a 90 litre tank. Boo hoo no betas for me then :( lol

Hi, male DG are best by there self unless in a 55+ tank, I would really keep a male beta by there self also, there terpment can be every where. Cory's like larger schools with 6 at min. There are serval other species that could work so far in that setup also, like neon an flame tetras

+1 on all the tips

I have a male betta in a 55 gallon community tank with an angel, everything's going great, but it's a hit & miss subject

Believe it or not my father has 3 male bettas in a 55 with no problems. So I guess they're a crap shoot like tiger barbs.

Ok so..... No dwarf gourmis and no cory catfish and no fighting fish. So just guppies and tetras!?!

Oh ok miss read that sorry. I wanted a nice looking "bottom" feeder. But didn't really want a lot. So what would you recommend?

Ok thanks will look into those then :) can these be on there own or have to be multiple?

Also what would you guys recommend with the fish I've said and my 90l tank would be best quantities. You've said 1 dwarf gourmi but the rest?

Ok thanks will look into those then :) can these be on there own or have to be multiple?

Also what would you guys recommend with the fish I've said and my 90l tank would be best quantities. You've said 1 dwarf gourmi but the rest?

The upside downs an the twig catfish can :) 1 DG should e fine with guppies and tetras

Back
Top Bottom