Reservoir for RO/Di

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SWnewby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just placed a bid for an RO/Di unit on ebay, and it says that I will need a reservoir...

What is it, and where can i find it?

I am getting a 4 stage ro/di unit and I forgot where I got the holding tank from but Its a 65g tank that is compact enough to sit on my basement fridge.

I searched google for mine, the less you buy aquarium equipment from fish places the more money you save. my ro/di and tank cost 225 bucks shipped brand new.

A holding tank in the RO world is usually about a 4 gallon tank that sits under the sink to dispense RO water to your sink from.
You want a container to hold RODI water for your evaporation top off. You can use a used salt bucket if you buy those or anything. I use a BRUTE 45 gallon (round) container tha is sitting next to one sid eof my tank with a power head connected to a JBJ ATO to automatically add top off water was needed. Depending on tank size and the amount of daily evaporation you have, you may be able to get away with less. But, nothing beats the automation. I fill my 'resovoir tank' about every 3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom