Return Pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TankBoss

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What size return pump will I need, with a 1/2" drain, at approximately 3'? I drilled the back of my tank (so easy I didn't even feel the overwhelming sense of accomplishment that I expected). I diy'd the box with "black glass" and silicone, with dimensions that I generated fairly randomly...working though:cool:

Thanks!

20 long tank
10 gal sump

Also... Suggestions on lighting for a 20 long? For "high" light... does it really need quad t5ho's or can I get away with a dual?

A dual if u want to keep just mushrooms and other beginning softies ...as for the pump I'm a firm believer in the quietone series very reliable and silent yur gravity fed 1/2 over flow should handle about 420gph so I'd get.a.pump of atleast 700 due to head pressure and a ballvalve will help u tune the return to match the.overflow ...is measure how much head preasure u got.the find a pump accordingly they all come with.graphs to show what they are rated for

Thank you so much!

I ended up ordering a quad t5ho.

What size plumbing would you suggest I use for my return, considering that my drain is 1/2"?

Back
Top Bottom