return pump question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandown123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 30 gallon with sump (10-15 gallon?). I need to increase the flow in my tank because the return pump is very weak - the one that came with the filter.

I was wondering what i could get away with because the tank will have to have a balance between overflow and return, correct? I am new but this seems logical i cant just put in the biggest pump i can or it will mess up the level of water.

Can anyone advise/help me out to understand this.. What is the best flowing return pump (and quiet would be awesome) i can get away with with that setup. The drain pipe is like 1" wide

Danner pumps are very reliable and have good reviews. I own two a Mag5 and a Mag7. They can be used submerged or inline. Look for them online you will save money over buying them at an LFS.

IMO mag pumps are the best. I have the mag 9.5 and mag 12 and they are reliable and quiet.

I agree with Cmor. If you don't need a new return pump then pick up a koralia they do a great job of adding flow and they use very little power.

If you do need a new return pump you will do well to get the Danner Mag pump.

Back
Top Bottom