Ric-ich medication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurence

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive been told that the Rid-Ich medication will stain glass, acrylic, ornaments and such - there is a post mentioning this. Does anyone have any experience using such medications? Will they permanently stain acrylic aquariums? Is there any bio-medication that will rid the fish of Ich without disrupting the chemistry of the aquarium or harming the plants?

I did a Rid-Ich treatment for a misdiagnosis (on my part) of Ich; the stuff stained everything in my tank -- the ornaments, the corner glass sealants, the airline tubing...and our carpets from drips.

I'm currently trying to figure out or get some information on whether or not the dye in this stuff will fade by itself over time...

I'd recommend a different medication if you could find; something without the blue dye.

I never use any meds except melafix/pimafix which are completely natural. If your fish have ich, as mentioned above, salt and higher temps will take care of it without adding a bunch of chemicals to your tank.

I'd agree with Jon 100 percent. Unfortunately, we found out the VERY hard way. :cry::cry::cry:

Salt + heat.

I agree with MFD. I'm a bit of a "purist" when it comes to adding anything to our tanks. Other than Prazi for certain wild caught fish, I'm a believer in pure, clean water solving most problems.

Back
Top Bottom