Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-25-2004, 07:11 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
I put my RO unit in the utility room in my basement. It has a floor drain in there so that is a bonus. I have run pvc from this room to my fish room but I did not do anything with it yet.

Maybe one day

Thanks for the info.

*180 gal Display, 100 gal basement sump, 33 gal refugium, 3x250 MH, 2x160 VHO actinics, zoos, some softies, LPS & lots of acros and other SPS.
*100 gal prop tank plumbed into main system w/ 2x96 PC lights and 1x150 MH,
ellisz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 08:05 AM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic
This thing is really ticking me off. I've put the shutoff in about every possible configuration and I can't get it to work. No matter where it goes or how it's plumbed it's not shutting off the waste water flow, and it makes this vibrating whine that I can hear across the house. The only time I've gotten it to work was by placing the switched side of the shutoff across the waste water line itself. It shut down pretty quick then, but I don't know if that would damage the membrane or anything else so I took it out. I don't know if I have a bad shutoff or what, but I'm getting tired of playing with it. BTW, I'm not on well water and have good water pressure so i don't think that's a concern. I also replaced the float valve with a ball valve while I'm messing with it, so I'm getting a positive seal on the output. The RO part seems to be working fine, its just that darn shutoff that's driving me nuts.

indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:01 AM   #23
AA Team Emeritus
just remember that the RO filter is a preassurized system. It may take a few moments for the waste water line to stop. If you simply turn off the supply water manualy (at the faucet) how long does it take for the waste line to stop?

Acronyms and Abbreviations
BillyZ is offline   Reply With Quote

auto, stall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com