RO BH100F protein skimmer malfunction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustOneMore20

Algae Fighter
I have only had my Reef Octopus protein skimmer (BH100F) for 7 months and its acting up. This thing really has been a headache for me most of the time I've had it. It was recently leaking...finally found the source of the leak (gasket on the output) and added some teflon tape that fixed it.

Now, I came home from work today and it wasn't working....when I looked closer, the pump was not pumping water....I thought maybe the siphon broke and tried to restart the siphon (usually accomplished by unplugging, covering the silencer, plugging in)....but the pump barely takes in water when I cover the silencer, when normally it would suck it right in. Do I need a new pump? This stinks!

I can't see anything from the bottom, though I do have snails in the first chamber of the skimmer. I don't know how to get the pump out....and if I get it out I'm afraid I won't be able to get it back in. Any ideas on how to get it out?

Back
Top Bottom