Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to TheChad
RO Booster Pump Pressure Switch Adjustment

Hey all,

I just installed a Booster pump on my RO/DI system to increase my production.

My city water pressure was 54psi and I was getting no where near 75GPD of water production from my RO.

With the Booster Pump installed, I am getting 80PSI and I calculated 78GPD of water production from the RO!

The pressure switch from the factory was set to shut the booster pump & water supply off @ 45psi in the pressure storage tank. I have a 20gal pressure tank.

I turned the pressure switch up to shut off the system @ 60psi in the pressure storage tank, giving me more holding capacity in my storage tank for water changes.

The only problem I have now is that the pressure switch doesn't turn the system back on to refill the tank untill the tank gets down to ~30PSI. I would like to adjust it to turn the system back on @ 50PSI.

I've done several google searches on this and have come up empty.

I was hoping some here may have some expercience with this?

Thanks,

-TheChad

90 Gallon Drilled Glass Tank w/ Corner Overflow: 492w (2x 150w 14,000K MH, 2x 96w Actinic CF) Coralife Aqualight Pro | Custom 34x15x15 Sump/Refugium | SWC Skimmer | Coralife Turbo-Twist 6x UV Sterilizer | Maxi-Jet Power Head w/Sure Flow Upgrade Kit | 120lbs of Live Rock | 100lbs of Live Sand
TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to TheChad
Anyone?

It's a Model: PSW-350.

I am even willing to purchase a different pressure switch and change it out if there is a different one that allows more adjustment?

Thanks,

-TheChad
90 Gallon Drilled Glass Tank w/ Corner Overflow: 492w (2x 150w 14,000K MH, 2x 96w Actinic CF) Coralife Aqualight Pro | Custom 34x15x15 Sump/Refugium | SWC Skimmer | Coralife Turbo-Twist 6x UV Sterilizer | Maxi-Jet Power Head w/Sure Flow Upgrade Kit | 120lbs of Live Rock | 100lbs of Live Sand
TheChad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com