ro/di ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought I was the only one who didn't know this as a newbie....

I had very hard water for my FW tank...and I was told..."Just get a RO/DI Filter". To me...and any newbie..since you have bought you HOB Filter, or Canister Filter (and probably a Diatomic filter by now to fight the algae brough on by your tap water)...you would assume that this "filter" would also be for the aquarium.

...But it is NOT for the tank...think of it as a filter for your TAP water. Then the nice clean "TAP" water...now RO/DI Water... gets added to the tank...and in my case with a bucket.

Most people use RO/DI water for Saltwater Aquariums...they use the RO/DI ONLY and add their salt. A few people use it who have FW tanks to "adjust their Tap water". In my case...by pH was too high at 7.8...so I used 1/2 Tap and 1/2 RO/DI to get the pH to 7.5 or so. Now I use all Tap water for my FW as the water has great KH and I used a pressurized CO2 system to keep my pH at 6.8...and all Alage is kept at bay.

WC

Back
Top Bottom