Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2015, 01:47 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

My container is covered as well, so I guess we both have that issue, well, covered.
It seems unreasonable that there is THAT much dust in the average household that it would impact the water to such a degree. Maybe in a lab setting this would be a concern. As for my own personal set ups, none of my aquariums have any coverings at all, so I suppose dust is getting in the water one way or another.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:56 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyne View Post
My container is covered as well, so I guess we both have that issue, well, covered.
Haha! I see what you did there!

Quote:
It seems unreasonable that there is THAT much dust in the average household that it would impact the water to such a degree. Maybe in a lab setting this would be a concern. As for my own personal set ups, none of my aquariums have any coverings at all, so I suppose dust is getting in the water one way or another.
Yeah, I would probably go through 32 gallon in 7 days, between top offs and water changes. So you are probably right about the amount of contaminants that would affect the stored water.

Did you cut holes in your cover to feed the air lines, or just run them under the lid?

Old 03-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a 55-gallon sealed top barrel that has two (dont laugh) bung holes built into the top. I have one closed at all times, and the other cap just sort of rests on top of the hole that has the cord and airline going into it. That's also the hole I put the RODI line into when Im filling it up.

Here's a link that has a photo of what I have:
Plastic Drum - 55 Gallon, Closed Top S-10757 - Uline
Old 03-16-2015, 02:59 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyne View Post
I have a 55-gallon sealed top barrel that has two (dont laugh) bung holes built into the top. I have one closed at all times, and the other cap just sort of rests on top of the hole that has the cord and airline going into it. That's also the hole I put the RODI line into when Im filling it up.

Here's a link that has a photo of what I have:
Plastic Drum - 55 Gallon, Closed Top S-10757 - Uline
Yeah, right "don't laugh" lol not going to happen...

Hmm, I am just using a commercial brute trash can w/ lid. I like yours better, would you happen to know the specs on it (height and width)? I am using the Brute because it fits under my counter in the bathroom (i live in an apartment, so storage is a big thing)
Old 03-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice FINatic

NVM, I found that info under 'additional info'

Tags
advice, rodi

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com