RO/DI again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris stevens

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm looking to take the cheapest route into the RO or RO/DI world, without compromising my water quality. Are the Kent Marine "Bare Bones" systems even worth checking out? What is the least expensive RO or RO/DI unit out there that is worth the price? Any other opinions on the RO/RO/DI debate? should I definitely stick with RO/DI?

Yep, I also second the RO/DI route all the way. It took me 3 days to fill my 125 (+25 gal. sump), but well worth it. (y)

8)

I also bought one from Aquasafe. I was impressed with the unit. I am almost ready to fill my tank up.

how often do you need to change the to filters? This looks like a good deal...especially the one that comes with the 4.4 gal pressure container.
I will do this....!!!!
dumb question - is this good water for dranking and ice?

Serge
I just look at your pic of your RO/DI system, it scares me lol because I live in an small appartement, do I have to do that also? I'm going to buy a ro/di system on ebay the aqua-safe. I was wondering if I had to leave it plug on my sink all the time ? Can I just plug it when it's time for my water change?

http://cgi.ebay.com/USA-110GPD-RO-DI-REVERSE-OSMOSIS-water-filter-system_W0QQitemZ7706470041QQcategoryZ20756QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is the system I have. Its 110gpd (I get about 60-75) and the great thing about it is that you can buy a faucet adapter so you dont need to plumb it if you dont want to or your apartment wont let you. They also sell a unit without the pressure tank, so if space is a big issue that might be the way to go. HTH

Back
Top Bottom