RO/DI came in.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
Just letting ya`ll know that my RO/DI unit came in today and my 8 year bondage to lugging water is over. No more toting water from the LFS. Free at last.Free at last. :D

Once it is up and running you will ask yourself..."self...why did I not do this 8 years ago?" Nice addition. One of less glamorous things you can do for your tank, but one of the best.

I am toying with the idea of getting one of these but am not sure about the mechanics of hook up and use. It would have to double as a drinking water dispenser. I've seen the under sink tanks but what I don't have any extra holes in my sink to mount the dispenser, what are my alternatives and what do you do to get the water from the dispensers to the saltwater mixing aparatus, can you hook up a hose, that would seem to be easiest.

Speaking of RO/DI units. Does anyone think it would be beneficial to get together and purchase cases of replacement filters for these? Unlike most things in this hobby the filters are all pretty much interchangable from unit to unit. If we could find a supplier we could probably save a lot of money between all the RO/DI filter owners here.

Melosu, congrats! You will love it.

nsu... I was able to hook mine up myself with no trouble. The instructions were pretty clear, I'll bet you can do it if you're at all handy.

nsu7....
I just finished drilling a new hole in my stainless steel sink. If you are pretty handy you will have no problems, and yes the drinking water is great!

Speaking of RO/DI units. Does anyone think it would be beneficial to get together and purchase cases of replacement filters for these? Unlike most things in this hobby the filters are all pretty much interchangable from unit to unit. If we could find a supplier we could probably save a lot of money between all the RO/DI filter owners here.

I'd be interested...maybe worth starting a poll or a new topic about to see how much response we could get. I'll do that now.

I ended up getting the Kent mamima. Trying to get these first 15 gallons out that they say will be bad. Yes Brian I`m all for it. Thanks everyone. Your post about your experiences with Ro/di units pushed me over the top to get one. Again thanks.

Back
Top Bottom