Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-02-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Ro-Di filter help

Hello all, I just installed a new Ro-Di unit under my sink..... It was the cheapest one I could find that still did everything I wanted it to so the instructions are a little under par! I was hoping someone could answer a question for me..... There is a line going to the faucet, and a line attached to the drain of the sink..... The line going to the drain has a ball valve on it...... Does this unit operate with the drain line valve open or shut?!?! Or is that just for purging the system or flushing the filters?!?! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ff.rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:55 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Best bet is to look up the user manual online, search by make and model

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Redwolf91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Waste line, open during production.

(Depends a bit how it's plumbed)

I ran mine for years with just an o/I on the input. When it pressured up it produces water. Plumbed to waste with a loose line for the containers.

To flush the unit, an actual flush loop is fitted in the waste line. Look for the T pieces on the waste line, either side of the flow Restrictor.
All the flush valve does is take the pressure off of the flow Restrictor. This allows a higher flow of water behind the membrane flushing it from deposits (sludge)

The waste line I/O is to keep pressure on the membrane, to keep it wet when not in use.
FW-750L DIY, 120L, 2x110L(not my)DIY. BW-60L DIY. Sw (nearly!)(http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...se-284360.html)
^almost a DIY Fish House^ https://m.youtube.com/user/4tanks2day (L=litre)
J.Mcpeak is offline   Reply With Quote

filter, filter help

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com