Ro/di help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coltsfan82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello.

I'm ready to invest in a Ro/Di system, but I have a limited budget. I got this system
AFX-BUD-RODI100 Premium Aquatics - AFX-BUD-RODI100 Aquarium Supplies
for a black friday deal. I know it isn't the best, but will it do? I've done some reading, but I'm still a bit confused. It looks like I should have maybe held out for a system that has at least four stages. What do you all think? It isn't opened yet, so I could always return it.

I have a 75 gallon tank with a variety of livestock.

Thanks

I think thats a fine system. :) A dual stage carbon isnt really required, what you got should work for what you need it to.

I agree that RO/DI setup is fine.

What kind of fish do you have?

Remember you will have to remineralize the water to stabilize pH and bring gH and kH up to acceptable levels for your specific type of fish.

You can keep almost anything with that unit! They really open up an entirely new world of possibilities.
The only things you can't keep nobody can keep not even the pro people of science.

Everything that was posted above plus, you will need a TDS meter of some description, they are not very expensive but I think an essential tool for users of RO systems.

Mistersprinkles,

I have a clown (my 2nd one died), a royal gramma, a coral beauty angelfish, lawnmower blenney, a shrimp, a couple different zoanthids, and a polyp (of which i can't remember the name right now.)

So, what exactly do you mean i have to remineralize? From what i understand, i thought i could mix the water and salt and just use it from there. Totally off?

Mistersprinkles,

I have a clown (my 2nd one died), a royal gramma, a coral beauty angelfish, lawnmower blenney, a shrimp, a couple different zoanthids, and a polyp (of which i can't remember the name right now.)

So, what exactly do you mean i have to remineralize? From what i understand, i thought i could mix the water and salt and just use it from there. Totally off?

No you're right I think mrsprinkles thought you had a fw tank in which case you would need to remineralize it. In sw the salt mix does this for you :)

Back
Top Bottom