RO/DI problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lando

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was having some PO4 show up in my filtered water (.1) so I replaced all of the filters. I got a new sediment filter, new carbon filter, and a filter that is suppose to remove PO4 specifically. I get it all hooked up and run 20 gals. through it and discard that water. I run another 20 gal. to use in my tank. I tested the water for PO4 first and it was off the charts! Could I be getting a false positive from the new PO4 filter? Do you think my water is safe to use? It is a Kent Marine four stage RO/DI filter. Thanks! Lando

What are you using to check for PO4? have you tried borrowing a different test kit/get your LFS to check it for you? Just incase thats not right?

Cheers Shelton.

I belive it is a ZooMed kit. I thought about verifying with the LFS but it is the same kit they use. I am at work right now so I can't look at the box. Basically, put 12 ml of water in the tube, add 8 drops of #1 and shake, ad two drops of #2 and shake, wait 2 min. and read holding the test tube 20 cm above the color card. My normal tap water has a PO4 of .2.

Hmmmmmm, might be worth biting the bullet before you do anything else & buy a Salifert kit if you can? The salifert kit (i have) gives an instant reading rather than waiting a set amount of time.

Atleast you'll prove the testkit and/or make of testkit is the problem or not?

Cheers Shelton.

Back
Top Bottom