RO/DI question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A lot of it is going to depend on the TDS of your tap water normally. If you live in a low to mid-low TDS area, it's not going to be that big of a deal using the 125 gpd membrane. (Remember, using the same water pressure, a 80 gpd membrane or a 100 gpd membrane will remove more contaminants).

You also have to consider the cost....that thing is dirt cheap.

yeah that is why I was asking. I always heard you get what you pay for. Thing is I do not have much to pay. :lol:

What is the things to look for when buying a RO/DI? It is all greek to me.

the link is not working for me...
From what i have learned the 75 gpd is one of the most effective membranes, I want to say it has a 94% rejection rate. A good 5 stage with a 75 gpd membrane would work fine for most of us in the reefing community.
I run 2 Dis on my unit because I had a problem with DIs being used up fast. This you will find you after you run it for a while...

I bought the same unit from him. Don't bother getting the little 3gal tank with it. Just get the filter unit and then buy somewhere a 15gal storage tank. But the unit is working good for me and it's been 9mths.

Back
Top Bottom