Ro/di replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdogg85

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My tds out of the di unit is now showing 1ppm. Could that mean the ro membrane has give out and is overwhelming the di or could it just mean the di is giving out. I know I need the sediment filter and carbon block replacements. It has went for 6 mos strong and today I just seen the 1ppm. It is a brs 5 stage plus chloramine unit. What do I do?

Your ro membrane is good for two, maybe three years. More then likely it's time to replace your DI rasin and you may as well replace your sed and carban block at the same time.

That's what I was going to do is a general overhaul. I just didn't know which part(ro or di) would need replacing. I definitely know the sed filter needs changed, it looks like mud. But, the 2 carbon blocks look clean as can be. Thanks for the help.

I agree, I would just do the sediment filter, the carbon filters, and the DI resin cartridge. The carbon cartridges look clean cause the sediment filter is doing it's job :)

Back
Top Bottom