RO/DI Storage Container

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmartcwby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 90g and a 29g saltwater tank, and after a year, I finally got an RO/DI unit. I'm now wondering what is a good solution to storing the water? Are there some decent water storage tanks available somewhere? Or do people just use trash cans.

I've seen people post up pictures using trash cans. I currently use a 10g storage bin that i have a heater and small pump inside to circulate the water and keep it airated. But I only have 1 55g SW tank to worry about. A garbage pail seems to be ideal for your situation.

I have a 90g and a 29g saltwater tank, and after a year, I finally got an RO/DI unit. I'm now wondering what is a good solution to storing the water? Are there some decent water storage tanks available somewhere? Or do people just use trash cans.

I use a trash can and store it in a closet ;) I use a pump to circulate water and the ambient temp in the closet keeps it @ 77* so not much warming up for me I just plop a heater in for about 15-20 min. I have a 75g sw and my garbage can holds about 30g

Attachments

• image-1717147905.jpg
    image-1717147905.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom