Ro/di system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tankman3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been looking at ro/di systems online..but there are so many to choose from...I'm trying to go as cheap as possible but I need it to be reliable and actually work...my main concern is filter replacement parts if I get a really cheap unit the filters are impossible to find...what are some good affordable ro/di systems that have parts and filters available on demand or at least easily found ? Thank you in advance

The two widely recommended units are the Air Water Ice Reefkeepers units and the Bulk Reef Supply(BRS) RO/DI units.

I have been using an AWI Typhoon III Extreme and have been quite happy with it.

At the end of the day you are just pushing water through a series of filters. Some people just but the parts and do it yourself if you would prefer.

Also, consider how you are going to store it and then how you are going to deliver it to the tank. This can be a simple as a 5g container with a float valve that you carry to the tank or as complicated as many large storage systems with a pump and valves preplumbed directly to the tank with in-line dosing.

I fill into 50g drums and then have a pump attached to hose so that I can pump the water wherever I want to.

You are right to not get a cheap unit that has special or overpriced replacements...
Get a filter that uses 10" filters and you can use any cartridge you choose..
I am BRS myself and buy all my replacements from them as well...

Back
Top Bottom