Follow-up.....this thread is getting long, sorry. Just trying to understand what is going on.
So, I tested my ro
water and I was getting .5 PO4
out of the ro
. I took the DI
cartridge off and brought it upstairs in the light so I could see what color the resin was. It was green, but it appeared to be kind of stuck to one side. I shook it up, put it back together and ran water through. I'm now getting 0 PO4
out of the RO
unit. I'm going to keep an eye on the PO4
coming out of the unit, but for now, while I'm getting 0 PO4
I'm going to start doing water changes every other day to try and get the PO4
in line. It's about .5-1.0 in my tank right now.
Just thought I'd post this in case anyone had any similar experience or any insight why my PO4
went from .5 to 0 and if it had anything to do with the clumped up resin in the cartridge.