RO/DI Unit from FilterDirect - installed - now what?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlueDolphin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone! I just received my ro/di unit from filter direct on ebay. I have the RD106 with the holding tank. I'm a little confused on the final outcome of my water. There are two lines - one which is connected to the 6th stage filter and comes out the dispensing faucet they provided; the other comes from the 5th stage filter to a "di water valve". This water is going to be strictly for my aquarium, not drinking. So, I guess I'm just a little confused as to where my filtered water should come out of. Do I even need to use the dispensing faucet? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!! :D

The second line on the RO filter is waste water. Use it to water plants, wash clothes etc. or just run it down the drain. At least I think that is what you are describing.

Brenden - are you referring to the line coming from the 5th or 6th stage filter? I was just confused with the maufacturer's instructions...it says "after storage tank is full, turn the RO faucet lever to continuous flow position to discharge the water". It just seemed like the dispensing faucet would be for those who wanted to use the water for drinking. ??

i think i have the same model. if so it will come from the white hose.the water goes to the tank and when you turn the valve on the white hose it is sent through the di resin. let me know if that helps, sorry, i dont remember the model i have but im pretty sure its the same. dorian

Dorian -

Thanks so much for your help! I was just confused by the maufactuer's instructions and the "dispensing faucet" that was supplied. :)

*Moderator note*

Merged the duplicate topics into one topic and edited out what was essentally a mirror image of the first post.

sorry , i didnt read your post closely. i think you have to use the faucet so that the system preasurizes. yellow to the faucet and white for di. not sure what you question was but if you i can be of any help, i will be glad to.

Back
Top Bottom