RO/DI unit hook up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KurtsReef

Aquarium Advice Regular
I had planned on hooking the RO/DI unit up to a hose, surprised at the size threading going into the unit and it only comes with a tap for you to tap into a cold water line.

Does anyone else run a hose to their unit? Just wondering if there is such a thing as too much water pressure. I plan on going to a hardware store and getting an adapter from normal hose size to the RO unit intake.

I use a hose/faucet adapter to connect mine to a sink when needed. Mine came w/ a hose adapter though, you may need to get one online if you can't find one locally.
Just wondering if there is such a thing as too much water pressure
AFAIK you can have too much, but I don't think connecting it to a hose would normally be an issue. HTH

Thanks,

I was linked to both a faucet adapter and a hose adapter and have both on the way. This will just postpone the water change I was planning for today. :cry:

I have mine hooked up to a garden hose out in my tool shed. Works fine. This is mine and you can see the hose adapter on the end.

Back
Top Bottom