RO/DI unit (is it any good?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt I would buy it. You want a 5 or 6 stage RO/DI unit, 75GPD. You can get one off ebay for $100-150 (i think) brand new. If that user hasn't used it in a while the media is probably dry and you would need to replace it...

An RO/DI unit taps in to an existing line in your house, its not an actually attachment for the tank. But a great item to have.

Good point, you can also buy a faucet adapter as well....

Yep, dont get it. Trust me, like roka said, you want something that is 50-75GPD. If you had something that was 30 or 40GPD and you had a large tank do you know how long and boring it would be to filter your water for the tank? But then again, if you've only got like a 30G tank then i guess something like that wouldnt be all that bad, but you still want a 5 stage or more unit.

I just bought an ro/di unit on tuesday from some place called cleandrink. Bought it for 120$ It was a 75GPD 5 stage unit. Good buy if you ask me. Also, it helps to get a unit that has cear filter casings so you can see when you need to change the filters.

It's not that great. We have the 3 stage version. I think the one offered is actually just RO. No DI. 3-4 stage is good for just about any application IMO.

Coralife Pure-Flo II - 50 GPD 3 Canister RO/DI System

I just picked up this one for $150, I'm expecting it Monday I am so excited about it! So I'd suggest that one, I'm hoping to have good luck with it. Main reason I decided on this one is it seems pretty simple in comparison to some of the others I've seen.

Steve

This is exactly the one that HN1 and I have. It's just ok, really. One can do better for the price.

get a storage tank since its going to take 5 hours to get that 10 gallons. i paid $170 shipped for mine 5 stage 100 gpd with tds meeter and hose connector.

Wow. You guys really helped. Thank you. I guess i will wait and go for a more expensive/efficient 1. Thanks guys.

75g total!
img_1006053_0_20728073d6239169f82c4ea97c7ac36c.gif

wow, I do that in evaperated water in my ATO a week. More like 8g a week.;)lol

Yeah well my tank is only 100 gallons and I have a real small wet/dry on there at the moment, but once I get my 40 gallon sump refugium going I may need more water then I think lol but for some reason evaporation seems to be little to none for me.
Now not to high jack this thread but it is 50 GPD on my RO-DI unit I purchased right? And not 50 GPM?

Coralife Pure-Flo II - 50 GPD 3 Canister RO/DI System
Steve

It's 50 per day. My ATO runs on a controller and with this very hot weather my fans are blowing to beat the ban 24/7. During the cooler months my evaperation is way less.

So do you guys have the RO/DI unit hooked to a water line straight to the tank with a ATO. Or do you have it located somewhere else and bring the water to the tank? Also mgamer, do you just haul your RO/DI unit out to a hose and get your water there with the hose connector?

I have may unit mounted on the wall in my laundry rooom and attach the hose connector as needed.

Back
Top Bottom