RO/DI unit question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

badfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking into buying a RO/DI unit off of ebay, anyone have experience with this unit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20684&item=4390935854

also, can i just hook it up to my kitchen sink whenever i need water, my plan would be to fill like 20 jugs, and once there all gone pull out the unit and refill the jugs as needed. I see that some people have them mounted, but i live in an apt. and space is limited.

Thanks again,

- Jeff

YOu could get an attachment to allow you to connect it to your sink if your sink has a screw off type screen on your faucet. Depending on water preasure you could probably fill 20 1 gal jugs in 4 1/2 hours or so.

Don't bother with the hook ups they give you with the unit. You are better off going to HD or Lowes and getting a flexi pipe and an RO attachment fitting. Less hassle and can be removed/replaced if you ever move. Shouldn't cost you more than $5.00

Cheers
Steve

They work fine. There is another ebay seller that sells a very similar filter but the canisters are clear so you do not have to remove them to check how your filters look. Be advised you will only get "100 GPD" if all the planets line up on the 8 day of the month on the 22nd hour and you have the filter facing southeast. Expect more like 40-50 GPD

Brenden said:
They work fine. There is another ebay seller that sells a very similar filter but the canisters are clear so you do not have to remove them to check how your filters look. Be advised you will only get "100 GPD" if all the planets line up on the 8 day of the month on the 22nd hour and you have the filter facing southeast. Expect more like 40-50 GPD

LOL, yeah i dont expect that, i only plan on using it once or twice a month and doing a bunch at once. So that unit i posted has everything i should need, minus that part i can pick up at lowes?

I have the exact same unit 'cept I got the storage tank as well. You will have no worries with this system. 8)

Cheers
Steve

steve-s said:
Don't bother with the hook ups they give you with the unit. You are better off going to HD or Lowes and getting a flexi pipe and an RO attachment fitting. Less hassle and can be removed/replaced if you ever move. Shouldn't cost you more than $5.00

steve, can you explain this anymore, does this mean you dont have to screw anything into the faucet? any chance for a pic?

thanks agian,

Jeff

I am not sure what steve means but I just tapped into my hot and cold water lines and put a valve on each of them then I connected the two with a "t" then ran that to where I need the water. This way if I need water for my tank I can control temperature from the filter and just use a heater to maintain. Gas water heater heats more economically than tank heater.
Also how is storing 20 gal of water take up less room than a RO unit?

The unit can easily be plumbed to the coldwater line only if need be, most do.

The hose looks like this...
546377_3.jpg

The pressure fitting looks like the attachment below.

Cheers
Steve

Attachments

• pressurefitting.jpg
    pressurefitting.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom