RO/DI unite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandarin man

Aquarium Advice Regular
looking to buy a RO/DI unit, my lfs closed down so had to get water from those windmills for last couple months and algae has had its way with my tank. where is a good place to buy them? and any body have pics or explanation of a good setup would be very greatful thanks.

It's amazing...I work with UPS and FedEx quite often and know for a fact that this unit can be shipped ground for LESS than $15.00....and these sellers all claim they don't make a profit on shipping.....bull!

Dave

do you just hook it up to a faucet and let it do its magic? and roka, was the one you bought fairly easy to put together or did it take a thousand little nuts and bolts?

Most if not all come assembled. You only need to make sure that all the connections are tightened. Once that is done you hook it up to faucet, place the hoses in the correct place and turn on the water.

Scooby said:
It's amazing...I work with UPS and FedEx quite often and know for a fact that this unit can be shipped ground for LESS than $15.00....and these sellers all claim they don't make a profit on shipping.....bull!

It takes time and money to box something up and ship it. It's more than just the shipping cost. I run an online business and if I charged only what it costs to ship something, I'd lose money every time.

Sorry for the thread drift...

I got the Typhoon III 3 years ago.

They all work pretty much the same. I prefer the clear filter casings. I use a garden hose adapter on my kitchen faucet and attache the unit to that when I need to.

Back
Top Bottom