Ro/DI water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

darknessheir

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought a coralife 50 gpd water filter 4 stage. I hooked it up to my hose and after maybe 10 min i got about 1/2c of water with maybe a gallon of waste. I know that the temp is the issue, but i just want to know how much water it will produce when i hook it up to the tap and run 78 degree water through it. I read about 5 gallons per hour, is this figue correct.

Do you guys just leave the ro/di filter running for hours to fill up a huge bucket or is there a faster way to produce water?

I have 5 gallon primo/music mountian buckets that go on water coolers. mine does 75 gpd... so i can feel your pain.. the water temp really doesnt matter to much... check the waste to clear water ratio... the lower the volume.. the more waste im assuming. mine makes a gal and a half of waste to a full gallon of good ro water.

Do you have a TDS meter? If you have one, use that to set your flow rate. Get as much flow as you can while still reading 0. You should check it on a eg basis to make sure you're still pulling 0

thanks, after running some water through it in my house it is now producing much faster, almost have a whole garbage can. How do you all store your water since I know it acts like a magnet to bad stuff.

Back
Top Bottom