RO Filter Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

graceinhim

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought a Coralife RO/DI Pur Flo 3 50GPD unit about 2 years ago when I was last into salt. When I shut down my salt tank about 6 months ago I took the coralife apart And stored the membrane in the case in the fridge. Well I am getting back into Saltwater and am trying to get this RO Filter running again.

I'm sure I have all the plumbing right as far as sequence. I have tested pressure upto the RO Unit and everything runs fine. EVerytime I plumb it through the RO Unit I get no production and it usually pops a seal/hose and leeks. With nothing coming throught the filter.

Is it possible that the RO Membrane is shot and if so would that stop water coming through completely and cause a pressure burst?

I Kinda want to figure out exactly what it is before putting money down on a new membrane or even worse a whole new filter.:(

Thanks

was the membrane dried out when you put it back in the unit?I think if you would soak the membrane for 24 hours in water maybe it will come back, also, i think i would recheck all the plumbing lines, test each line indivilualy, you may find a blockage in one.

Try taking out the membranes one at a time and running the water to see if it goes through. That way you can isolate the problem.

Back
Top Bottom