RO System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is getting delivered on Saturday so I will let you know. I know the people at my LFS and they did some research on it and said it looked fine. Might be a little overkill since it is a 6 stage RO so you will probably need to add some trace elements back in.

Ok, so how many stages should I get,, also , will the RO system take out the chlorine?

Where else should I look, I don’t want to spend a bunch, I only need it for 15 gallons a week so I don’t need the biggest system,,,

Actually mine is coming from filter direct as well. I am sure you noticed that they are the same in the pictures...just a different label. Fluff is right in that it removes chlorine as well. A good idea would be run the RO to see how quickly you will get the amount of water you need. Mine is 110gal a day which is more than I need for all 3 tanks once a month. I also believe that chlorine is most cases would be removed by just having the water sit out for a day or 2...I could be totally wrong since this is heresay. But either way Fluff is right in that the RO/DI system will remove chlorine...along with darn near everything else...but that's a good thing of course

sorry but forgot to address something else in regards to your question forman. The number of stages doesn't have much, if anything do to with how much water the system will put out. The more stages the more "pure,"if you will, the water that will come out. If you are comfortable spending what is asked for on Ebay I would go with it. I did some searching, as I bet you did, and noticed that the RO/DI units specific to aquariums are much more costly and produce less water in the same amount of time.

the21kid said:
sorry but forgot to address something else in regards to your question forman. The number of stages doesn't have much, if anything do to with how much water the system will put out. The more stages the more "pure,"if you will, the water that will come out. If you are comfortable spending what is asked for on Ebay I would go with it. I did some searching, as I bet you did, and noticed that the RO/DI units specific to aquariums are much more costly and produce less water in the same amount of time.

Sorry, I was asking about this
Might be a little overkill since it is a 6 stage RO so you will probably need to add some trace elements back in.

I did some quick searching and the only 3 or 4 stage units I could find were specific to aquariums and costed much more than the 6 stage you are contemplating. They also averaged and out put from 24 gallons a day to 50 a day. Adding the trace elements back in is very simple and effective. I am not sure how big your tank is or what quality tap water you have currently but I would go with this system. Hopefully this helps and I will let you know how mine turns out. Good luck and sorry for the confusion :oops:

the21kid said:
I did some quick searching and the only 3 or 4 stage units I could find were specific to aquariums and costed much more than the 6 stage you are contemplating. They also averaged and out put from 24 gallons a day to 50 a day. Adding the trace elements back in is very simple and effective. I am not sure how big your tank is or what quality tap water you have currently but I would go with this system. Hopefully this helps and I will let you know how mine turns out. Good luck and sorry for the confusion :oops:

well thanks,,, sounds good, I think I will get one that had a 3-4 gal tank so that I can hook my ice up to it and maybey drinking water.
The main problem with my water is cyano loves it...

Adding the trace elements back in is very simple and effective. I am not sure how big your tank is or what quality

What might I need to add, should I just get it hook it up and then have my water tested at the LFS and see what i need?

Your LFS should have Trace Elements (I forgot who makes it) handy. Just add a capful for every 50 gallons I believe and that should take care of it. Also good to use when their is a protein skimmer hooked up as well.

Back
Top Bottom