RO System Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClamKnuckle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am interested in buying a RO system, but I need one that I can either hook up to a sink or into the water line going up to the faucet (I cant really hard pipe one in). Are these available? Most of the stuff i see for the systems donut tell how it is hooked up so I am not sure. I have a 55 gal salt water set up and will be upgrading to a 125 so it has to be able to meet those water needs. Thanks!

Okay I was smart enough now to look on the next page and see someone already asked this, so I have that figured out. Now how many gpd do you recommend?

As many as you can afford. I would go with a minimum of 75GPD preferrably more.

Edited; cause it's way to early to be typing

i looked at the Aqua FX web page and was wondering what the major difference between the 4 and 5 stage units were and if its worth the extra money?

The only difference is the extra DI cartridge on the 5 stage unit. Either unit will give you water with a TDS of 0. If you were measuring conductivity in mega-ohms, you might see a small difference...it's not going to matter for aquarium use though. With the 5 stage unit, you can make more water before you have to change out the DI carts. The 5 stage is also available in a 200 gpd flow rating.

Back
Top Bottom