Ro unit ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think I know the answer but would like some confirmation. When I start up my ro unit I get a slight tds reading of 8-11. After it runs about 2-3 cups it's back to zero.. Is this because I have no back flush kit?

No, some very well respected aquarist believe the flush kit is a gimmick and really does nothing. Me personally...for the 8 bucks it cost me it gives me a little peace of mind, knowing I'm doing everything possible to lengthen the life of my membrane. Is this an in line TDS meter? If its a hand held unit, it is most likely contamination from a previous sample, the vessel your using to test, or just dust, if it is an in-line meter then I find it quite odd that you have that discrepancy.

Ok I do use a hand held tds meter but I ran it under the ro output before I tested . It must be the glass I used then . I will try it with a sealed pack of plastic cups next time I buy some . I think you are right though. Thanks

Hondatek said:
Ok I do use a hand held tds meter but I ran it under the ro output before I tested . It must be the glass I used then . I will try it with a sealed pack of plastic cups next time I buy some . I think you are right though. Thanks

No need, I use a handheld meter also, just make sure you rinse the vessel well with the RO/DI water before testing.

Back
Top Bottom