ro-water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smudgy35

Aquarium Advice Regular
just starting to make my own ro-water and I have a couple of questions, firstly, my TDS meter is saying 132 ppm in and 3 ppm out, is this good or bad? and secondly, what minerals do the lfs add to the water when they ask? I've got a salt water set up thanks

You'll want to get the last DI stage for your filter to bring that down to zero and surprisingly your IN water which I'm assuming is pure tap seems to be on the low side so your filters will last longer then most people's since my tap TDS is around 300 lol. Also, the only thing you want to add to the water is your salt mix.

ok that's good just salt it is, is 3 TDS coming out going to cause to much concern or should I not use this water untill I get the di part?

3tds isn't terrible but for long term success you'll want to try and consistently keep it at 0tds

nope that's fine, just means I havnt got to rush out to my lfs to get some ro water but will sort the di stage out as soon as possible, cheers for the help

Back
Top Bottom