Rodi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmckoy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
image-1993360056.jpg

Does anyone know if this is a good make ?
Any positive or negative experience ?

I don't have that brand but I do have a four stage like that and it works fine. That looks like 2 filters, a DI stage and RO membrane on top. Looks good to me.

I have a spectrapure and it is excellent. I mainly spent the extra money for the spectrapure due to the unusually high test content where I live.

I have a spectrapure and it is excellent. I mainly spent the extra money for the spectrapure due to the unusually high test content where I live.

I have it running , the gauge is only reading 30 psi
A lot of waste and only dripping good water ,
That normal ?

Also, the optimum pressure is around 60 psi, lower pressure could either indicate that your source has low pressure, or the pre filters are clogged.

It's municipal town water ,
I bought it from my LFS .
Actually a very reliable friend that sells corals , fish and some supplies from his house .
I think it was used but he did check it ,
It ran good for him .
0 TDS out

According to the manual "pressure below 40 psi, or a pressure drop of 15-20% of normal water pressure indicates the prefilters are in need of replacement ". Of course this all depends on the pressure of your city water. If you remove the two pre filters then the Guatemala will read your water pressure.

If I recall it took around 3-4 gallons, before it started making water at a good pace.

It was running at 30 psi
I flushed the toilet and the water dropped to 20 psi .
I'm in a 4 apartment building , maybe that's the issue .

Probably so. There are booster pumps you can buy to increase pressure, which will increase water production.

Back
Top Bottom