RODI Headache

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshsReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went ahead and purchased a preassembled premium rodi unit from buckeyefieldsupply. I got it in the mail on Tuesday and I went to hook it up and it leaked water from the each of the housings. I cant call them till 2morrow but I was wondering if anyone had any advice to get this thing up and running before then . I tightened it up as tight as possible with the wrench although Im not sure I should have had to do that but it still leaked anyway. Am i missing something here ?

There should be a round rubber gasket on the inside of the filter housings that rests on the "lip" just below the threads. Make sure it is there. Aside from that, you can try some tephlon plumber's tape to help seal the connection.

I just cant figure it out. No matter what i do the thing leaks, I am extremely disapointed in it that is for sure.

Aside from that, you can try some tephlon plumber's tape to help seal the connection.

This is what I was thinking. Also moving to General Hardware and equipment discussion so the FW people can see it also.

well i talked to the company earlier - they sent me the wrong housing, the housing they sent me didnt connect to the heads the way they were meant. There sending me new housing first thing in the morning, we will see how that goes.

Today i recieved shipment from buckeyefield supply with three new housings, needless to say I finally have 0 tds water. Kudos the buckeyefield supply, they made a mistake and had it corrected in now time, I would do business with them again in a heart beat.

Now for another question , do i still need to treat my water for chlorine or chlorimines ? Also how and when do you use the ro membrane flush valve ? Its equiped with one but it has no directions on when to actually use it .

Thanks guys

No need to treat the water after it comes through the RODI. You should flush the membrane for a minute or two before and after each use. Glad you got your unit working.

what do you mean flush ? just open the valve and let the system run for another min or 2 ?

If you don't have a bypass valve on your RO membrane then don't worry about trying to flush it. Some units have a valve that allows water to flow over the membrane and rinse it off.

This is the valve that I have on my unit for rinsing the membrane off.
1011261smallyl9.jpg

How long do you let it run? I have the same valve.

Back
Top Bottom