RODI system efficiency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skifflexie

Aquarium Advice Freak
We just bought a RODI system on Saturday, it was a spur of the moment kind of thing.

I can post more details later.

But is there any way to reuse or reduce the amount of waste water that it puts out? We are scared of how much our water bill will be this month lol. And it's kind of sickening to see how much is just wasted.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Fill your washer for a load of laundry, water the lawn, feed the garden....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And do the math.... it takes a LOT of RODI water to impact most people's bills. Look up the cost per gallon, figure out how much you will make, multiply by 5 (rough estimate inclusive of waste) and I bet it's pennies to a couple dollars a month.

However... RODI media and filters can get expensive. Be sure you are getting at least the amount of waste flow you expect, be sure to flush occasionally (if yours is set up for it), be sure to keep the membrane wet when stored, and keep the prefilters in good shape.

And find out if your water has chloramines (ask your water company), and if so read up on how to cope with it and RODI filters -- it can quickly mess up your membranes and DI media with inadequate prefilter.

Back
Top Bottom