RODI unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a reef tank for last 7 years. I always used DI unit made by one of the local stores. Now I decided to buy RODI unit but there is so many diffrent brands. Some have also 3 or 4 units. Please help me to choose a good one. Artur.

Carey, I've never used one me these but I want one. How much water does it waiste to make the 100 gallons

It takes about 1 hour for me to get 5g and theres prob a 4-1 waste ratio, and thats being generous lol

The more permanent ones I think can produce more water quicker, but you have to tie it into plumbing under a sink or in a laundry room.

Do you have a 100g tank? Cause i only make water like one day a week and it gets me by and I have 4 sw tanks, one being a 125g.

Yea, I have a 100g.

I just use conditioned tap water right now.

Slowly but surely getting more toys.

The ro/di should be at the top of your list. :) i started with tap water too but it wrecked havoc with my phosphates.

Next purchase, a refractometer if you don't already use one. Got mine on ebay for about $30 shipped.

these two things plus my water testing kits are the most vital, in my opinion, to keeping a healthy and happy reef. :)

have any pictures? we LOVE pictures ya know....

Hmm, never tested phosphate.

It's fowlr right now, except some mushrooms and xenia, Oh and some unknown nem, very hungry lil guy.. LOL.

It's under the ID forum somewhere... ppl think its aptasia, but I don't think it is because its not spread and I've had it several months.

I have one single tiny aiptasia in my cube on a rock out front. I've been watching it for months too. it hasnt grown and hasnt spread but its still not good. It's a fowlr so I dont mind it but I'm hoping one of the 3 peppermint shrimp I have will take care of it finally. lol

AH. Yeah that's an aiptasia anemone. Complete pests that can LITERALLY take over your tank. I would get that out as soon as possible if I were you.

It takes about 1 hour for me to get 5g and theres prob a 4-1 waste ratio, and thats being generous lol

The more permanent ones I think can produce more water quicker, but you have to tie it into plumbing under a sink or in a laundry room.

Do you have a 100g tank? Cause i only make water like one day a week and it gets me by and I have 4 sw tanks, one being a 125g.

Mine is only making 1 gallon an hour if that :-(

Do you have the proper water pressure? I keep my garden hose fully on and get at least 5g an hour. Sometimes its more but I can't carry the jugs so I stop at 5g. lol

Back
Top Bottom