Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-31-2016, 03:43 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

With the connecting the tubing part you could try adding some silicone to the connecting part then placed the Tubing back over it and clampdown and leave to dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-31-2016, 04:07 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

It's ok I've ordered the fluval short hoses for the tank as they fit nice and snug and the jubilee clips tighten good on those with not too much pressure. Only issue I might face is a big leak with the fluval hose but if needed I'll go solid pvc hose and have to use more joints as not as flexible as fluval hoses.

Space is tight on the one side but that is due to using the pvc hose as I was just would be better if it was more flexible and not trying to kink.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:17 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr tap water View Post
With the connecting the tubing part you could try adding some silicone to the connecting part then placed the Tubing back over it and clampdown and leave to dry.

I am going to be doing this when it comes to the finished idea. As I can take it back to single filter on pvc tubing to let the finished product to dry and set with fluval flexi pipe in house.

Can not believe I'm actually going to be running two canister filters on the tank without any major problems "(touch wood)" can get the time to sort my sisters tank out and get hers off and running once she has moved.
Old 07-31-2016, 04:29 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Good luck

Old 07-31-2016, 04:43 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Placing the chemicals before the bio media[ceramic rings] will allow the bio media to work more effectively.
I believe seachem even recommends that purigen be placed before bio media but their site is down ATM......
- Seachem Support Forums
I believe this post if it shows answers the ?
coralbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 04:34 PM   #16

Here are the finished pictures of the way I've added the second filter on the current inlet/outlet pipes, I have not added the polishing media. As only got the sponges in there at min as just testing for leaks at the min as only been running for a hour now under the fullest pressure it will have.

Once I'm happy with the work I'll add the rest of the stuff I'm going to run in them.

Only time will tell if it works

The pressure on pumps I'm going to drop as can run both slightly slower for better flow/polishing and everything should be just where I want it. Flow on full these babies can push the water around a lot. Better circulation all round. Now once this is running with no leak for the week I'll add the injection of co2 for the plants. Plus got a lot more due on Tuesday. Around another 100 just for decoration. As want this to have as many plants as I can get away with. Need them also to be able to trim for friends and family

Old 09-23-2016, 09:05 AM   #17

Hello peeps,

Just an update.

This has been running since the 5/7/16 without any issues.

Water is crystal clear plants and all livestock been happy.

Don't need to do water changes every week as ammonia levels are 0-0.1 even after two weeks which I am happy with. Only issue I've had since is having the time to enjoy watching the tank mature even more since adding more fish.

Just need to keep on top of the plants now as got to keep trimming and seating the new growth elsewhere as it ends up like a forest within two weeks may have to reduce co2 to keep the growth down but only when a fiends tank is full of the plants too lol

Sodastream co2 bottle still going after 7 weeks with a 70mm bazooka diffuser going from 7am till 11am then 2pm till 8pm on a timer. As it was getting too high of a dose of co2 so just set timer to adjust the dosage on the 240l tank.

Hope this help people as its the best choice to run two filters as only need to take one offline and change relevant media. And not much of an impact on water levels.

If you need any info get in touch
Old 09-23-2016, 10:04 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

I've considered doing this. My plan was to run them in series, with coarser, bio-media or sponge-type in the 1st filter followed by finer polishing media like polyfill in the 2nd. This approach would lend itself to maximizing filter longevity.

Tags
canister, external, line

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com