Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-27-2009, 01:36 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via AIM to melissasreef
I was looking at a metal hylide system, but I was told that it needed to be hung from the ceiling. I rent and can not put holes in the ceiling. I apreciate the two of you "calming me down" I am really flustered with this entire lighting system. I am also work on a limited budget ( not to force anyone to hear my story, but my family is living on one paycheck. I have been disabled for aver 2 years, and waiting for disability to give me a hearing date for benefits. This was a hobby we thought we could start to give me some enjoyment, not stress. Up untill this light thing I was doing ok... so I thought. I am reading LOTS of books from the library, and a lot from the internet. My hopes were to hold off on spending the money until my disability checks kicked in. I now know it is a priority, so other expenses have gone on hold.

I do know you are all out to help with your best intentions. I am sorry if I took the joking seriously. However I do love my anemones, and I do take good care of them.. although I might end up shorrt on the light end.

melissasreef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict
melissa, The crack about 2" of water was directed at Captahab and not to you. If it offended you I am sorry. It was not meant toward you. We all love our animals and I would never run anyone down.
Wow, that's alot of typing before my first cup of coffee.

Happy Reefing,
thincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #33
Thanx but no.....

Notice no apology directed toward me !
CaptainAhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict
None needed.
Happy Reefing,
thincat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 03:58 PM   #35
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
Melissa, it's good you understand, all the advice is great. You are in good hands, I have learned quite a bit about the hobby (and still am) from the folks that are posting.
Keep in mind, we (mentors/mods/admins) watch the threads and make sure folks aren't getting picked on or abused.
Is there any way you can take the nems back? I know you love them but my concern is that if they die, they can nuke your tank and possibly wipe it out. I have seen this happen and good folks get discouraged from this wonderful hobby.
With that being said, hang in there and we will help as much as we can!

Age is relative, you are only as old as you act....of course, this works in reverse....

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Acronym List

roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote

light, lighting, reef, salt, saltwater, saltwater fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com