Saltwater wet dry filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alkoko

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 75gal. tank and would like to make it saltwater. I am new to saltwater and was woundering if a eshopps wd-75 filter was a good way to go? If anyone has an advice as to any other types of filter it would be greatly appreciated.

Very expensive for a wd-75. Any live rocks?

edit: Never mind. I saw your other post about keeping FO system.

You could also use a canister and/or HOB filter. Both use less electricity and cheaper to buy.

wet dry filter

I am only going to do fish for now. I will look into those filters that you recommened. I found that Eshopps on ebay for $180 with everything. Thanks for the advice.

Everything means including a pump? You will also need a return line for the water to travel back to your tank.

filter

the pump is not included and i do believe that the return line is comes with it, i will check on that. the pump is a pondmaster 5 they want $61 for it on ebay. Do you think its a good price? Or should i look for something else?

You also might want to double check that it includes the overflow unless your tank is drilled.

Buy your own pump. The bundle comes with a overflow kit. The concern for flooding will always be present with the overflow kit.

I plain on buying my own pump, What do you mean about the overflow kit and where do i go to get this?

The wd systems include a overflow. Maybe the ebay item does not include one. This is the part that get the water from the tank to the sump.

514s5cmkxilsl500aa300.jpg

it comes with overflow box,return valve w/tubing, 1"bulkhead 3ft. of tubing. do you think its is good deal?

Its not a good deal if its used. $180 can get you lots of good live rocks, which is better for biological filtration. I just don't like the idea of the possibility of flooding with the overflow.

Look it up. I can't remember what I read about preventing flood with overflow box in the past. I forgot all about it because I took so much time researching it. Less time consuming and effort from drilling.

Back
Top Bottom