Saltwatr light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ssky

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello guys,
Some basic info. 45 gallon 36x12x18 tank(18 is the depth). Fowlr setup but planning to get some easy beginner corals. No plans for ever having sps or the likes. Looking at current usa led light for around 160 bucks on amazon. Don't want to spend a fortune. So any suggestions?. Is it a good light or should I lok for something else.

Thanks

I have 3 Current LEDs on my tank, and they haven't worked well for me. They flicker on and off, and my plants haven't done much. I put a Finnex planted plus on it about 3 weeks ago, and have seen several new leaves on my plants already. I can press on the light, and they will come back on, but only for a few minutes. I also bought the small moonlights, and they only worked for a few hours. I sent them back.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I know Finix are good for planted aquariums. I am looking for a saltwater fish with live rocks plus little bit of reef.

Sent from my ME302C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Check out "120 watt dimmable LED lights" on Amazon and eBay.. I pick up a light for $78 with free shipping.. And it can grow anything that your heart desires

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Check out "120 watt dimmable LED lights" on Amazon and eBay.. I pick up a light for $78 with free shipping.. And it can grow anything that your heart desires

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The problem with this light is that it is a pendant style and I can't use it. I have to buy something that can sit either on my existing hood or on aquarium rim.

I am looking into orbit marine lights. Though they are not as powerful and many users here do not have a good opinion about it, I still think that they are decent starter lights for beginner corals and mushroom. I just could not find anything under 150 that can offer hood placement, ramp timer and both daylight and actinic bulbs under one housing.

Please tell me if there is one and I'll look into it.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom