Sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had my tank set up for a few years now and have been debating on going PFS for a year. I live in a small town, and ordered PFS from ace hardware that came in yesterday. The last 3 weeks, I've scooped out 80# of gravel and have just a thin layer left. So finish it out today and put sand in tonight!

Good luck on the switch to Sand.

I need to add some [fake] plants, and vacuum the poop out from this week before i take pictures to post...I have a Mother's Day Party on Saturday and so this week is grocery shopping and starting to make desserts but maybe Sunday I can take some photos and then post mine up here.

My sand isn't as white as some look on here. though maybe in photos it will be. It seems like a cappuccino or maybe latte look. maybe like the beach colored sand. I haven't seen any fish really dig into it...maybe they miss being able to pick up the gravel/rocks and move them or spit them around.

Mine is more beach colored too! Give your fish some time, they have no idea what the sand is and if they are anything like my fish they'll love it! Best thing I've ever done for them!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

OK, finally getting some photos up and will try to post them here.

BEFORE SHOT: I was dismantling the tank some to remove some algae build-up on plant leaves. and figured I won't bother adding anything until the sand switch.

Full Tank Shot

Tank Shot by BJMRamage Photos, on Flickr

another shot-close up can see some of the gravel and rocks

Severum

AFTER SHOTS:

Full Tank Shot Again,

Tank Shot with Sand by BJMRamage Photos, on Flickr

close:
Severum

Severum

Clown Loach and better shot at the sand color...the color might be off, it was a dark shot i had to lighten a bit.

Clown Loaches
by BJMRamage Photos, on Flickr

hope this isn't hogging the thread.

It's not hogging, we love pics! Tank looks real nice! I think it's the standard PFS color. How do you like it so far? Makes the tank look bigger and brighter!

tank feels brighter than before.
the Loaches like to burro in the corners and the few pieces of gravel that were left in the tank get exposed.

Sometimes funny to watch the Severums spit sand out as they swim...i seem to miss them scoop it up.

Overall, I am liking it. and having a Canister Filter (since December) has been great. it is like I am starting over again. (after about 5-6 years with the tank...and those silver dollars-maybe the loaches too, they were an early purchase)

It looks great! Real brightens up the tank! I love all the pictures!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom