Sand crater from hob filter.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

racedvl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have just set up my 20 long with pfs for substrate. I am using a aquaclear 50 hob filter. It seems that the output from the filter is making a crater in the sand at the front of my tank. Any ideas to buffer the water to not make craters? I have the lever moved to the right to slow it down as it is.

Had the same problem here with an aquaclear 50 on a ten gal. tank. Put in a small powerhead directed across the flow from the aquaclear and it solved the problem. Pushes the aquaclear flow sideways instead of down the front glass.

Could you make some sort of filter baffle? like they use for betta tanks, it would also redirect the flow

Try filling the tank to have the water level above the output level - for the water to NOT make a splash. Look at the pic below.

96941603.png

This was a quick pic. You know what I'm talking about?

I do know what you mean. But the tank is full. I think I wanna find a way to maybe redirect the output somehow.

OK so I topped the tank almost to the very top. The filter output still does not touch the water, but there is no more crater. So I'm gonna just keep it near the top for now. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom