Sand filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
I know where I can get a brand new 30g pool sand filter for a good price,
I was thinking of how I could set it up down stairs in my basement next to the sump that pumps water outside , this way it could be back washed into the sump periodically ,

I was thinking rather running the overflow to the sump run it straight down to the sand filter than pump it back to the sump where it can be skimmed than pumped back to the tank . anyone have any thoughts on this

I think an overflow going into a filter meant to be run under pressure could cause issues?
If the filter could handle the volume without causing issue[like back up] it would be a big prefilter to a sump...It would need cleaning as it would become the catch all as far as mechanical filters go?

I was kind of liking the idea cause it could be back washed to clean it out making life easy but now I see your point didn't think about the pressure part

Hooked up to the sump with a pump it could function safely..The largest canister filter going...

Back
Top Bottom