Santa is Bringing me the RKE Controller!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya I updated everything. And my few problems a from user error. I spent the morning printing out the 110 page manual off the DA website made setting up much easyer . I have everything going good I'm calibrating my Ph probe now. I got the temp done this morning even tho my temp probe came broken the jack end of the probe wire fell off like it was never connected properly. Once the Ph is done I'm gonna start on the ato.

How long did it take for your raw data to stablize. I'm at 7 min with the 10.00 sulotion and its still jumping around

I calibrated twice already and just left it in the solution until it pretty much just flipped between two numbers, maybe 2 minutes tops?

I'm not impressed with the wiring on the probe for temp myself, seems like it's really flimsy. I've been super careful with it but I figure it will break off eventually. lol

I just plugged it into my netbook and downloaded the software and programmed it via the interface so it took me maybe an hour or so to get it all programmed. Even have some alarms set too. Can't wait to add the modules when they come tuesday, no idea when i will be able to get the moonlight one though. Hopefully soon. :-D

OK so it never really stablized to just 2 numbers between 4 points its where it kept at. So I picked one in the middle. I tested my Ph with API test and its reading about 8.0 and the rke says 7.91. Should I try to recalabrate again or does this sound right?

Mine is also reading lower than I thought it should, BUT I did the calibration twice already so I think it's pretty accurate.

I just started to calibrating again and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong but I can seem to get the raw data to stablize the way it should I wonder if it the calibration solution no being on point.

hello Carey and Paulweck, for a begginer i am so proud i have this, i love it, but like yourselves i had the same problem. I am trying to iron out one little clitch. maybe you can help, on my PC4 i have connected
1:ATO
2:return pump
3:skimmer
4:chiller
2 & 3 are set to turn off when on standby
when time runs out from standby, 2 & 3 does not come on, i have to reset the PC4 in order to turn back on. any ideas?

The pH Probe will read lower than liquid test kits. I had a long conversation with the owner of Pinpoint about this. When you calibrate don't worry about the last number jumping between 2 points (9.99 vs. 10.00) or 6.99 vs. 7.00 or 7.00 vs 7.01

To calibrate you want a packet of 7.0 and 10.0 and some RODI water. Put the probe in one solution and let it stabilize ( 1- 3 minutes), then the RODI water to rinse the probe, then the other solution.

Carey, yes both on the same standby time, i have even change the amount of time to be diffrent & lowered. Did i program it right? ? ?

That may be your problem. If you set a standby time for each one on the left in the middle of the screen, then there will be a delay in those items coming back on. Maybe something is screwy with those times.

ahh i see now. I use my netbook for programming and theres a very easy little check box for the delay. I wish I was more familiar with the head unit itself. :-(

ok, I will go that route next than... thanks
next question sine i did not want to get of course from the org question.

I need to buy another set of caliberation packet for the pH, cant seem to find it in BRS site???

where

hi Carey
why three solutions, i am confused.
7.01 and the 4.01
I used the 10 and the 7 that came in the package when i bought the RKE
maybe thats why i did not have much problems like you did with the calibration, duh i forgot the 4.01???

I didnt use the 4.01 either. :) I had no issues, I just was reading low on Ph so i recalibrated. It seems fine... i think its setup for a 2 point not calibration anyways, rather than 3

Back
Top Bottom