Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yep, i've heard the customer service is terrible. lol I figure or at least I hope, i wont be needing it. i also like the moonlighting module that the rke has available since I dont have moonlights and have ALWAYS wanted them lol. I plan on ordering the float kit for the ato tomorrow and maybe another power strip. Also the rke has the wave maker that controls 4 pumps, not sure how many if any the apex can do.

Old 12-26-2011, 02:15 PM   #32
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So after so much research I decided to go with the rke v2 and after talking to Reid at BRS he mad me feel a little more comfortable about the poor DA customer service. He said they would help with anything they could and for bigger problems they will contact DA for me. So I placed the order and received a wooping 5600 brs reward points. that 56 dollars off my new order I love brs so much

paulweck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:00 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

BRS is great aren't they? LOL I spoke to reid about my faulty calcium test kit too. He was very helpful

What else did you order with the rke? Did you go with the net model?
Old 12-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice FINatic

No I just got two float switches I did order a new protein Skimmer with the order tho . I figured I would wait till I got a hang of the unit before I get the net hook up. If i get anything soon it will be the SL2 and a salinity probe. It seems like that would come in handy for me more then the orp. I wish there was a option for us to choose between the to models.. what do u have coming with yours?
Old 12-26-2011, 05:07 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Also I think its pretty cool when u call brs after watching the video about there products and the unit and find out the guy who answered the phone was the same guy in the video that pretty much convinced me to pick the RKE. With there great videos. I can't say enough good things about bulk reef supply
Old 12-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I believe I only got the elite minus the net. i plan on going out tomorrow and getting the float kit and one other item. I want the moonlights and I need another socket strip too just havent decided which one to get first lol.
I also wanted it with the intention of adding a SL2 for salinity as well.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #37
AA Team Emeritus

BRS is hard to beat. Great customer service. I've been trying to get them to sponsor the site and hope they saved some 2012 bucks for us.

The Apex has the moonlight, and everything the RKL has. Support is best done on the DA forums from what I have heard. If BRS will step in for you, that's a great service. MarineDepot does the same for both of the controllers.

Carey, it's not like you to wait to add on components. Go get them and get it all set up.

Maybe because I have been at this a bit longer and already have temp and ATO controllers and lights with full functionality that some of those items don't matter to me in a controller. But as I recall,, they both offer the same measure of control with add-ons. I may add the salinity probe just so I can check, but it's been stable for years with my ATO that it's wasted money for me. I top off my 45 gallon RODI reserve before going on vacation. My main pump would run dry before there was a change in SG.

Maybe a flood indicator would be a good add-on. At least I would get a text at work and be able to head home to mitigate the damage.
cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:14 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Carey did u get your controller all setup? I'm curious to see how u made out mine has a few glitches I'm trying to work out.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:02 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes I had no issues but remember I already had RKL do I was familiar with it. I love it. How did u like ur moonlights
Old 01-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I absolutely love my unit. It has done everything as its supposed to for now, still waiting on the ATO and another outlet strip.

Whats giving you issues? Did you update your firmware? First thing I did.

Tags
controller

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com